Monday, February 7, 2011

The Sangeet

The Sangeet was unlike any function I've ever been to. I'm pretty sure all of New Delhi was invited :) It was luxurious and gorgeous and just such a GRAND party. Devina and my brother looked like a princeess and prince - full out. She was dressed in a beautiful white lengha and looked downright stunning. My brother was wearing a matching white achkin and just fit her perfectly. They looked regal to say the least.

 Sangeet means Music and it is the night days before the wedding meant for merriment, music, dancing and complete celebrating of the couple and the wedding to come. Just letting loose! Traditional sangeets generally are held at the home amongst the ladies singing and ladies but these days it is a Great excuse to have a big old bash at a hall. I've got a glimpse of the professional pics and they really did the events, esp the sangeet, justice. Here are a few that friends and family have shared. Enjoy! :)

Devina and I doing the kikli, a traditional punjabi dance where u hold hands and spin each other around :)

Me and my cousins

My cousin Natasha and i

Bobby and I with dad, cousins and my brother

Me with our friend Lindsay
The decor from the sangeet - jaw dropping in person

My adorable brother making sure he is having a GOOD time.
Devina doing her dancing THING


Me with my cousins Natasha and Sukhmani and a friend Tijana
my gorgeous sis in law devina 



My cousins Mannu and Chandni

D :)

My brothers GOOD friends - I call them my gems 

Devina dancing with me in the background
My brother with his boys

Me with my lovely cousins Sukhmani and Natasha

Little cousin Nats and my dad
The elderly women in my family and Raja uncle

My little cousins

Tijana with my dad's youngest brother

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers