Monday, September 13, 2010

Fall decor!

It's beginning to look alot like.... AU-TUMN! evvvvveryyywhere u gooooo. Does this song sound familiar? Yea, that's right - the christmas song - I have it playing in my head for this time of year - my very favorite season. Although I'm not sure I can call it that considering I have a strong dislike for the taste of pumpkin spice coffee and pumpkin scented candles or pies. Other than that - I love everything bout this time of year. 

Here is some more fall decor I've been working on:

Slightly wreath obsessed! I made a nice autumn leafy one from dollar store supplies. This took alot longer than it should have. I kept the flowers on the wire stem part and insisted on wrapping the stems around the wicker part of the wooden wreath. It made it much more difficult to manage and to fit all the flowers on. But once I started I couldn't stop. The easier route would've been to just pluck off the flowers I wanted and hot glued them everywhere. I was trying to save the wreath for another holiday but that's not gonna happen considering how long this took me - I'm just saving it for next year now! I haven't decided where I'm going to hang it yet because I want the spider wreath for the front door so when I figure it out - I'll post a picture.
All the materials for this one came from the dollar store!
This took so long!
BUT i'm so happy with the results :)

This is one of my favorites. I love pitchers and vases and using pitchers, especially WHITE pitchers as vases. I have a standard Ikea white pitcher in the middle of my kitchen island that I use for everything. I keep changing its arrangement - whether it be sunflowers or red roses or art supplies or utensils if we're having a casual party and food is served on the island. 

For the fall, I wanted a little island centerpiece so I can see some pretty autumn colors first thing when I stumble walk into the kitchen in the morning. I got some green foam for the bottom of the pitcher and started plugging it with pretty flowers and pumpkins and squash and leaves I got from the dollar store. Topped it off with some beautiful ribbon and it's done and makes me smile every time I see it.





1 comment:

  1. Looks like you have been busy! I have yet to break out the fall decor but the cooler weather is beginning to tell me I should!

    ReplyDelete

Followers