Monday, August 2, 2010

Chicken Soup!

All my boys are sick :( That puts mama to the task! I brewed up some yummy homemade chicken soup from scratch and it came out delicioso!! (in the words of my friend, backpack). Sorry for the lame joke but the mommies of little kids out there will know what i mean!

Since i have NO time these days, I relied on my handy dandy crockpot.



As we were gathering up our things to leave the house for the morning, I literally peeled, washed and chopped up the ingredients and threw it in to cook for 6 hours.


My recipe included 4 chicken legs (with bone), 4 cups water, 4 cups chicken broth, carrots, celery, a chopped onion, some parsley, a bay lead, salt, pepper and i threw in a chicken boullion cube. After 5 hours of cooking, I took the chicken legs out and took the meat off the bone and cut it up into pieces and threw just the meat back in. You can serve this with noodles or rice but I needed Kavan to eat up too so I left it plain.

He ate well as did his dad and I hope they're feeling better for it!

1 comment:

  1. Now this is an easy yummy recipe. Thanks for sharing and for stopping by with a sweet comment. Love your writing style, so fun to read. Enjoy the rest of your day. Oh, and let me know if you paint the birds.
    Londen

    ReplyDelete

Followers