In the meantime....here is a FAB recipe I tried just the other night. Yes, night - the time of the day when I'm absolutely exhausted and the last thing on my mind is putting a healthy dinner together. I usually try to prepare dinners during baby's naptime or throughout the week or on the weekend but this recipe was easy enough to assemble and was yummmy!! I got the recipe from the Family Circle May 2009 magazine. I changed it up a little bit. I nixed the olives which I dont like and instead of adding bacon (which Im not a fan of shockingly), I just broke up pieces of a turkey meatloaf I made the other night. Always love putting leftovers to use!!
Baked Spaghetti Pie:
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Break spaghetti into thirds and cook 8 mins
- Stir in 2 cups pasta sauce, 1 cup mozarella cheese, minced meat (of ur choice), and 4 eggs lightly beaten. Stir mixture.
- Coat a casserole dish with cooking spray and sprinkle the inside of it with 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- Spoon the mixture into the Dish and bake at 350 degrees for 30 mins.
- Take it out, top with some parmesan cheese and bake for another 10 mins
- Cut it into wedges and serve away!
Image courtesy of google images (since i forgot to take a pic of mine!)